Old Fettercairn 1970s
Fettercairn was founded in 1824 and is reputed to be the second oldest licensed distillery in Scotland. It was rebuilt in 1897 after a fire had destroyed the distillery. Production was stopped in 1926 until 1939 when it was acquired by The National Distillers of America. In 1966 the number of stills were doubled from 2 to 4. The distillery was then acquired by Tomintoul-Glenlivet Distillery Co Ltd in 1971 and then Whyte & Mackay in 1973. Only 4% of the production is sold as single malt, the remaining 96% is used in blends such as the Whyte & Mackay blend.
On new bottlings of Fettercairn the word “Old” has been dropped and replaced with “1824” the year that the distillery was founded. In general, the house style tends to be: Earthy, sulphury and nutty.
Level, Into Neck
UK POSTAGE ONLY.